Sunday, July 1, 2012

July's CQJP

This is the crazy quilt block that I have submitted for this months CQJP. It was completed awhile back so I am reposting some of the close up pictures in case any of you wander over from the CQJP blog.






The center flowers are an organza two toned (blue/brown) ribbon stitched using a gathered stitch with small fern like leaves coming out from the center. The main teal colored  bridal lace was hand dyed and embellished with 2 colors of pearl beads and accented with Hanna silk ribbon. The flower cluster to the upper right has 3 main loop flowers with lazy daisy stitched with a Bullion tip flowers. The little white leaves are actually sequins and some of the buttons in the cluster towards the bottom right are antiques that I received as a gift from my daughter this past Christmas.

I also have a small correction to make from my last post. That is actually block number 11 that is completed on my CQJP. I miss counted. Opps....Everyone have a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

9 comments:

  1. a wonderful block and so good to read which threads ribbons etc you have used you are inspiring me thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see your CQ blocks Susan. Another beautiful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolute wow... I loved seeing your work and how youve used the stitches, beads, crazy quilting all combined, absolutely breath-taking. i love your colour combination too, just brillirantx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its a true passion for me and I love to share my ideas.

      Delete
  4. Your work is absolutely exquisite. I love the colors in this piece and the stitches. Your work is very inspiring.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I started this piece with 3 cordinating fabrics that had the colors that I liked and then selected the other fabrics off of those. Thanks for coming over to the blog!

      Delete
  5. Hey Momma!!!! Love the use of buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete