Sunday, June 10, 2012

June Beaded Rock

Here is this month's beaded rock. I was beginning to have beader's block with this month's project (kind of like writer's block). I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do. So I googled abstract art and found a few images I liked and decided to go with this basic idea. I enjoy working with a lot of color so this pattern appealed to me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to outline the circles in black or just keep going out with color out to the very edge. I sometimes like to use black in my normal quilting because I like how black seems to make colors 'pop'. Well, as you can see, I decided on the black outline. If I ever do this pattern again, next time I will continue using color out to the edges just to see which one I actually like better.


I had a very cool visitor last night. He/she is a Polyphemus moth. He/she stayed awhile so I got to take a few pictures. In the morning it was gone so I'm hoping he/she found its way to someplace safe. Last year I had bunch of Luna moths on my porch. I am hoping to see more this year and I have been keeping my eye out for them.


 I hope everyone has a wonderfully creative week....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment