Friday, May 25, 2012

CQJP

CQJP

Had the day off yesterday so I decided to stitch, listen to an audio book, and spend the day with my doggie and I'm glad I did. We had a lot of wind yesterday and it scared her. So I'm glad I was home for her. Now that the other dog is gone she is a little more frighten of those types of things. I have noticed that alot of us had the lost of a pet recently. It seems like everyone I follow has had to deal with the lost of a pet within the last month or so. They bring so much to our lives and when they are gone there is an empty, quite space. They will all be missed :(

Well on to happier things. This block took about 3 days from start to finish. I began with the flower cluster and it took off for there. As you look through the photos pardon the occasional dog hair. I try to make sure there aren't any on the block and then after the photo is posted I see one. Oh well, it a constant battle with a Golden Retriever. I even have a lint roller right next to me at all times while stitching to keep it to a minimum but there is always more. Plus it doesn't help when she wants to sit right behind me on the recliner as I work (yes, she's a rather large dog and there not much room but I let her sit with me anyways)

Hope you enjoy the photos....



















4 comments:

  1. Are the butterflies metallic or are they beads? They look like some metallic ones I have, but they are so small, perfect size for the way you used them, and very effective. My favorite seam, though, is the one in the next to the last picture. I love the close-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The small butterflies are actually metallic bead dragonflies. My battery is going on my camera so I cannot take closer pictures right now. So the real fine details are a little blurred. Soon I will replace the battery. Thanks for you interest:)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful seam treatments and an overall lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete