Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Men's Tie Quilt





Sorry I haven't posted anything new lately. Life's been a little busy. Spring seems to be in the air here in northern WI. Two weeks ago we had 2 feet of snow and this week it's in the mid 60s. Well they say if you don't like the weather in WI wait 15 minutes. So anyways I've been cleaning and getting rid of stuff I don't need. Bound for Goodwill. Today I decided to post some picture of an ongoing project. It's my men's tie quilt. I started this about 5 years ago (well probably longer than that). I pick it up once in awhile. All the petals on the Dresden plate and the leaves on the border are from men's ties. I love the patterns on nice silk ties. I have quite a collection over the years and even request them as Christmas present every year. Seeing it on the wall makes me want to finish it all the more. I had a difficult time finding a wall large enough to display it so please excuse how crowded it looks.
Also stay tuned for more completed squares for my CQJP. I have completed 2 more squares this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment