Thursday, August 9, 2012

CQJP block

I'm starting to lose track which blocks I have completed and how many I have left. I'm thinking I have about 3 blocks left to finish (out of 16). Here is a photo of the lastest completed block


And here are a few details of this block. I did a lot of trail and error stitches with this block. I would try something and really didn't care for the effect and ripped it out. But I finally settled with what I had done and was happy with how it turned out.






Some of the buttons on this block's button cluster I recently purchased at a local garage sale. I bought a huge bucket of buttons from this lady for $17.00. I swear it was 2 or 3 lbs of buttons. Maybe a handful turned out to be really cool buttons but thats ok. I'm sure I will find uses for the rest at some time. Garage sales, thrift stores, antique stores and Goodwills are some of my favorite haunts. You always stumble on something you can't live with out. For example, I just purchased this great little dresser at the local thrift store. I absolutely love it! It has so much character.


I also finally purchased a new camera. I went with another Nikon Coolpix. It has a super duper optical zoom on it but I still need to get a feel for the camera and its capabilities.

I also went to get some more rocks for my BJP (I was running out of the ones I like to use). Here is a pic of my new stash of rocks. I get the rocks up in the upper pennisula of Michigan on Lake Superior near Porcupine Mountain. They are nice and flat on most of the surface so I really like to use them for the BJP. So off I go to create my August rock.


Hope you enjoy.....have a wonderful day:) !

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful variety of stitches beautifully done.
    Good find in the thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this square, another sweet beauty.

    It's always great to find bargains.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete