Wednesday, January 25, 2012








Here are a few more pictures of my beaded rock from different angles. Somebody even wanted to see the back so I did post the back also. Not real exciting but that's ok. I'm still happy to post it. The center of the dandelion are E beads surrounded by bugle beads going out from the center. The grass has 3 different colors of green seed beads and the sky has 3 different blues with one being a short large bugle type bead. This piece took about 4 days to complete.
I am also moving right along with my CQJP. Block 3 is almost done. Check back in a day or two.
I also entered an online crazy quilt competition. Stay tuned for that information.

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome, Susan! Thanks for the post on how you do it... I really appreciate that. I've never previously thought I would glue... but after seeing this rock and the way you did the flower and leaves... well, I'm smitten! I bet it must feel fabulous to pick up this rock and hold it in your hands. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful complements. I think I'm really going to enjoy this blogging thing. I have been to your page as well and love seeing your creativity also.Thanks again. And yes the rock does feel pretty cool to hold. My mother loved it as well.

      Delete
  2. It's stunning! I like the way you used different sized beads to make your flower stand out.
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete